CASENTINO DAY TOUR: MONASTERIES AND CASTLES OF MEDIEVAL TUSCANY
FULL DAY TOUR IN CASENTINO AND FLORENCE COUNTRYSIDE
/ PRIVATE DRIVER, TASTINGS, PRIVATE GUIDE /
Let yourself be transported to the Middle Age of Tuscany, between monasteries, medieval castles and Romanesque architecture. Breathe the pure air of the chestnut, sycamore, fir and larch trees of the forests of Casentino. Smell the fragrance of truffles, medicinal herbs and honey. Discover the “schiacciata” and other typical products of the uncontaminated (yet so close to Florence) region of Casentino… and indulge in a wine tasting at a historical winery.
This day tour, along with its excursions to typical villages, small artisan workshops, old castles and an ancient monastery, will let you admire the autumn foliage or the explosion of spring colors, by taking you out of the congested city center. Nature, art, tastings (wine and “schiacciata” among other delicacies), local shopping. These are only a few of the ingredients of the Casentino day tour.
A private driver will pick you up at your hotel or apartment downtown at the scheduled time. Together with your private guide, you will start your trip to Casentino (or the Middle Ages of Tuscany, as you have never seen them).
The tour features a wine tasting in a historical winery outside Florence, the visit of the castle of Poppi, lunch in Camaldoli, visit of the monastery and its herbalist workshop, visit of Stia and a last stop in the forest of Consuma, where you’ll taste what is considered to be the best kind of “schiacciata“, a must of traditional Tuscan food. It is going to be a full day!
This day tour (9 hours long) is meant for:
– lovers of the tasty flavors of Tuscan cuisine: wild boar, beef, sausage, truffle.
– those who want to explore the Tuscan countryside.
– those who love nature more than the city.
– those looking for something different and original.
– those who do not like queues and crowded monuments.
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 6.
Up to 2 people: 450€ per person
Group of 3 people: 320€ per person
Group of 4 people: 260€ per person
Group of 5 people: 230€ per person
Group of 6 people: 200€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment or hotel in the center of Florence, around 9am
- 9 hours excursion as a whole (e.g. from 9am to 6pm), with a private guide at your disposal
- Transportation with private driver, from Florence through Casentino
- The guided tour is available either in English, Spanish or Italian
- First stop is going to be a wine tasting at a winery outside Florence
- Second stop will be in Poppi, where you’ll visit the medieval town and the Castle (walk uphill from Ponte a Poppi)
- Third stop will be in Camaldoli, where you’ll have lunch
- Visit of Camaldoli’s monastery, hermitage and herbalist workshop
- Fourth stop will be in Stia, where you’ll visit small artisan workshops (wool production)
- Last stop will be in Consuma, for a “schiacciata” tasting, immersed in the woods of Casentino
- This tour is addressed to people who do not have trouble walking on uphill roads.
- Lunch is not included in the price, since we prefer you to choose what you would like to eat
- This guided tour is available only in the indicated languages (English, Spanish, Italian) and not available in any other language