A DAY IN CHIANTI – WINE, FOOD, HISTORY
Wine tasting in charming Panzano winery
Meet Dario Cecchini in his butchery
Taste local Chianti products
Private driver and private guide included
Come spend an unforgettable day in the Chianti, and savour the finest Tuscan flavours, while admiring the marvelous landscape of the hills between Florence and Siena.
Chianti is a territory between Florence and Siena where the landscape is characterized by the vineyards of Sangiovese, the main kind of grape used for the production of the famous Chianti Classico wine, and the olive trees that produce the precious Tuscan olive oil IGP.
This tour aims at providing you with a well balanced mix of all the ingredients that make Chianti a charming region: the production of its wine, but also other excellent food products (such as the IGP olive oil, the different kinds of cured meat and the “T-bone” Florentine steak), the scenery of the countryside, the history of this region, whose testimonials are the beautiful villages that here and there break the continuity of the hills.
The route includes stops in some villages of the Chianti region, wine tasting in a local winery, and tasting of typical products in a local business. This itinerary has been refined to perfection over the years, and we prefer not to unveil the names of the places you will get to visit!
In Greve in Chianti we will visit a traditional and typical charcuterie shop, with salami and ham from Chianti, where you can taste and buy the specialties from the region. In Panzano in Chianti we will get to visit and meet the famous Dario Cecchini and his centenary butchery, that has contributed to make the Florentine steak a specialty renowned all over the world. Lunch will be served in a typical restaurant in Panzano, chosen between two options.
One of the highlights of the day will be the 1h30’ visit to a winery, where we will get to discover all the processes of wine production, from the vineyards, through the cellar, to bottling. In the end, you will get to taste 3 different red wines.
Last but definitely not least, we will also visit a medieval village with the typical bucolic landscape of Tuscany, one of the true gems hidden in the Chianti region!
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 6.
2 people: 340€ per person
Group of 3 people: 245€ per person
Group of 4 people: 195€ per person
Group of 5 people: 165€ per person
Group of 6 people: 140€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment or hotel in Florence in the morning, around 9am
- 7 hours excursion as a whole (e.g. from 9:30am to 4:30pm), with a private guide at your disposal
- The guided tour is available in English, Portuguese or Italian
- Transportation with private driver, from Florence through Chianti region
- Stop in Greve in Chianti, with a visit of the town and a local food shop
- Stop in Panzano in Chianti, with a visit at Dario Cecchini’s butchery and lunch at a local trattoria
- Visit at a winery with wine-tasting
- Visit at a medieval village near Panzano in Chianti
- Lunch is not included in the price, since we prefer you to choose what you would like to eat
- The tour is available either in English, Portuguese, or Italian, and not in any other language