LUST / GALLERIA PALATINA TOUR
Visit of Palazzo Pitti
Tour of Palatine Gallery
Private guide for your group
GALLERIA PALATINA AND PALAZZO PITTI TOUR
/ PRIVATE GUIDE FOR YOUR GROUP /
This Palatine Gallery and Palazzo Pitti tour has been designed as a part of the “Seven Deadly Sins of the Medici family” cycle of tours. Within this perspective, these places represent Lust, as one of the “Deadly Sins” that characterize the Medici family.
According to Dante, the women of Florence were such lecherous beings that even the barbarians of Sardinia looked like angels of chastity compared to them!
Preachers denounced the Lust of Medieval and Renaissance Florentines and urged the Signoria to take action against degrading moral standards by establishing specific magistrates courts of law to stop the disturbing sex crimes. It goes without saying that under the Medici rule, in the wake of Humanism, love, passions and beauty were brought to an unprecedented level of attention and sexual relationships ended up being an object of study.
From the 16th century onwards, it is only natural that the court of the Medici at the Pitti Palace would become the focus of attention for two reasons: its luxuries encouraged the Grand Dukes to indulge in particularly delightful pastimes, and its finely decorated rooms were the perfect setting their superb collection of paintings. But what did the Medici do there all day? What hidden story do the paintings tell us? What secret and, frequently, scandalous relationships did the walls of their house conceal?
In this fully-guided tour at the Galleria Palatina and Palazzo Pitti you will not only discover such beauty and art that it is impossible to describe in one go, you will also learn the secret code of sexual innuendos behind the paintings, and the deep passions that lie beneath the quiet surface of the Palace.
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 15.
Up to 2 people: 90€ per person
Group of 3 people: 70€ per person
Group of 4 people: 60€ per person
Group of 5 people: 55€ per person
Group of 6 people: 50€ per person
Group of 7 people: 47€ per person
Group of 8 people: 45€ per person
Group of 10 people: 43€ per person
Group of 15 people: 39€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment in the center of Florence
- Ticket to Palazzo Pitti for the day of the visit
- Walk to Palazzo Pitti with our guide
- 2.5 hours guided tour (either in English, Spanish or Italian), that will allow you to see the following:
- The extraordinary Palazzo Pitti complex
- The sublime Raphael
- The rough Caravaggio
- The revolutionary Artemisia Gentileschi
- The sophisticated Canova
- The sensual Titian, and many more, in an atmosphere which will take you straight back to the glorious past of the Medici residence.
- There is no meal included in this visit
- There is no mean of transport included from the apartment to the museum (the guide will walk with you to the museum)
- The guided tour is available only in the indicated languages (English, Spanish, Italian) and not in any other languages