Santo Spirito Church
Chocolate break and gelato
OLTRARNO TOUR IN FLORENCE
/ 49€ EACH IN A GROUP OF 5 PEOPLE /
Visit “the other side of the Arno”, the lively Oltrarno neighbourhood and its authentic districts of San Frediano and Santo Spirito. Across the Arno lies a less touristy and more authentic Florence, with an abundance of artisans’ workshops, typical trattorias and small cafés, often hidden behind unassuming doors in the narrow streets that host them. A wealth of art masterpieces are also to be found in the incredibly cool “rive gauche” of Florence!
Here’s a TuscanTour proposal that aims to combine a walking tour through the main “left bank” districts together with the visit of the most important monuments of Oltrarno. The tour features stops at two lovely spots for chocolate and gelato!
The Oltrarno tour lasts 3 hours, and will start from Piazza Santo Spirito, where you will have the chance to visit the Augustinian church of Santo Spirito (designed by Brunelleschi), one of the preeminent examples of the Renaissance architecture, and the most “Brunelleschian” of the celebrated architect’s churches, featuring Michelangelo’s crucifix.
Next stop is the complex of Santa Maria del Carmine. Within the complex, the Brancacci Chapel – with the fresco masterpieces by Masaccio and Masolino – will be the highlight of the second part of the tour. Walking through San Frediano, you will be able to discover the traces of the medieval walls of Florence.
It’s now time for a little coffee and/or chocolate break, in a renowned and intimate bar of the district. The last stretch of the tour will take us to visit Piazza del Cestello and the San Frediano in Cestello church, with its “Florentine Baroque” style. Since we want to make sure you have enough energy to walk back to your place, you will end your tour on Ponte alla Carraia, tasting one of the best gelato in town!
Pick up at your hotel or apartment downtown. The Oltrarno art tour lasts 3 hours.
The experience consists of a walking tour with a local tour leader around Oltrarno, with visit of the main monuments. This tour is addressed to those who want to make a quick and intense immersion in some of the most significant art masterpieces of Florence, at the same time avoiding the most crowded spots and getting to know the history of Florence.
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants to the Oltrarno tour: 12.
Up to 2 people: 90€ per person
Group of 3 people: 65€ per person
Group of 4 people: 55€ per person
Group of 5 people: 49€ per person
Group of 6 people: 45€ per person
Group of 7 people: 44€ per person
Group of 8 people: 43€ per person
Group of 9 to 10 people: 42€ per person
Group of 11 people: 41€ per person
Group of 12 people: 40€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment or hotel in the center of Florence
- 3 hours guided walking tour of the Oltrarno districts, available either in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French and Italian
- Visit of Piazza Santo Spirito, Santo Spirito Church and “Cenacolo” with Michelangelo’s crucifix
- Visit of Santa Maria del Carmine complex: church, cloister and Brancacci Chapel (featuring frescos by Masaccio and Masolino)
- Coffee / chocolate break
- Walk to Porta San Frediano, retracing the medieval walls
- Visit of Santa Maria del Cestello
- Gelato on Ponte alla Carraia
- There is no mean of transport included in this tour (you will walk with your tour leader)
- This guided tour is available only in the indicated languages (English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, French, Portuguese) and not available in any other language