SIENA, SAN GIMIGNANO AND MONTERIGGIONI TOUR
Full day tour, Private Driver and Private Guide included
Visit of main sites in Siena
(Cathedral, Piccolomini Library, Piazza del Campo)
Lunch in Monteriggioni
Award winning ice cream in San Gimignano
One of Tuscany’s most fascinating faces is its richness in terms of history and traditions from the past. This tour, running from Siena to San Gimignano, and going through Monteriggioni, will be a fantastic trip to the deepest and most well-preserved cultural heritage of the Tuscan region.
The first stop of the tour will be the visit to the city of Siena, world-famous for the Palio delle Contrade, and particularly beautiful for its city architecture, which has preserved it from the change, keeping the medieval breath almost intact.
The same goes for San Gimignano, with its famous medieval towers, which represent the third and final stage of the day! Between the two cities, the lunch break will take place in the ancient fortress of Monteriggioni, which still holds intact the walls and towers from the 13th century.
In Siena, we will visit Piazza del Campo, one of the most beautiful squares of Italy with its particular shell shape. Overlooked by the Public Palace with its Torre del Mangia, the Piazza del Campo is the symbolic heart of Siena, where the Palio takes place twice a year, summoning all the representatives of every district to support their own “contrada” in the glorious horse race.
Continuing in the direction of the Duomo of Siena, we will visit what Vasari called “the largest, most beautiful and magnificent floor ever made”, the beautiful frescoes by Pinturicchio in the stunning Piccolomini Library, and the works of Donatello, Michelangelo and Bernini.
In San Gimignano we will pass through the winding streets of the town, dotted with shops of typical products such as gastronomy, wine, art and crafts. We will visit Piazza della Cisterna and Piazza Duomo, where the highest tower of the city is located: the so called Torre Grossa (open to the public, but not equipped with lift).
Those who climb the massive Torre Grossa, will be able to enjoy the scenic and beautiful landscape around San Gimignano. Once we have gone down, we will visit the beautiful cathedral of San Gimignano, and then it will be time for the last stage before heading back to Florence: we will taste the San Gimignano award-winning ice cream (laureate as the best ice cream in the world)!
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 6.
2 people: 320€ per person
Group of 3 people: 230€ per person
Group of 4 people: 190€ per person
Group of 5 people: 160€ per person
Group of 6 people: 140€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment or hotel in Florence in the morning, around 9am
- 9 hours excursion as a whole (e.g. from 9am to 6pm), with a private guide at your disposal
- The guided tour is available in English, Portuguese, or Italian
- Transportation with private driver, from Florence through Siena
- Stop in Siena, with a visit of the city center, Piazza del Campo and Duomo (Cathedral), Piccolomini Library
- Stop in Monteriggioni for lunch
- Stop in San Gimignano, visit of the city center and climbing to the top of Torre Grossa (if you wish)
- Ice cream in San Gimignano
- Tickets to visit the cathedral of Siena, the Piccolomini library, and cathedral of San Gimignano are included
- Lunch is not included in the price, since we prefer you to choose what you would like to eat
- The tour is available either in English, Portuguese, or Italian, and not in any other language
- Ticket to climb the Torre Grossa in San Gimignano is not included, however it will be possible to visit Torre Grossa if you want to