SLOTH / BOBOLI GARDEN + PALAZZO PITTI TOUR
Visit of Boboli Gardens
Visit of Palazzo Pitti complex with the Medici Treasure
Private guide for your group
BOBOLI TOUR AND PALAZZO PITTI VISIT WITH PRIVATE GUIDE
/ SLOTH – MEDICI AND THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS /
This Boboli tour and Palazzo Pitti tour has been designed as a part of the “Seven Deadly Sins of the Medici family” cycle of tours. Within this perspective, these two places represent Sloth, as one of the “Deadly Sins” that characterize the Medici family.
As the Italians say, “Sloth is the father of all vices”. Excessive leisure drives people away from their duties and moral obligations and pushes them towards other sins. This is why Dante has the sinners lie in the mud, unable to move, forever striving to get a breath of air.
If you are curious about the hedonistic lifestyle of the Medici, come to this relaxing and decadent tour and you will find out what the princes did when they did not want to work!
This tour will take you to the places where the Medici ran away from their hardship, the Boboli Gardens and the Treasure Halls of the Grand Dukes at the Pitti Palace.
Here, the Medici could not be bothered with ruling the State but would rather receive guests and threw lavish parties in luxuriously decorated rooms, where grotesque theatrical performance were staged, or went for long, soothing walks along the paths of the most perfect garden man ever created.
They also delighted themselves with odd alchemic experiments inside magical grottoes, wooed beautiful women under the shade of trees, and collected precious bones of saints to display in marvellous pieces of art.
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 15.
Up to 2 people: 100€ per person
Group of 3 people: 80€ per person
Group of 4 people: 70€ per person
Group of 5 people: 65€ per person
Group of 6 people: 62€ per person
Group of 8 people: 60€ per person
Group of 10 people: 56€ per person
Group of 12 people: 54€ per person
Group of 15 people: 51€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment in the center of Florence
- Ticket to the the Boboli Gardens and Palazzo Pitti for the day of the visit
- Walk to Boboli Gardens with our guide
- 2.5 hours guided tour (either in English, Spanish or Italian), that will allow you to see the following:
- The vivid frescoes and the precious stone artifacts of the Treasure Halls of the Pitti Palace
- The jewels of the Medici
- The ivory collections
- The porcelain Francesco invented
- The marvelous complex of Pitti Palace
- And above all the most spectacular and princely garden all rulers of Europe wished to imitate (but never managed to!)
- There is no meal included in this visit
- There is no mean of transport included from the apartment to the museum (the guide will walk with you to the museum)
- The guided tour is available only in the indicated languages (English, Spanish, Italian) and not in any other languages