WRATH / BARGELLO & PAZZI CONSPIRACY TOUR
Visit of Bargello Museum
Retrace the steps of the Pazzi Conspiracy
2,5 hour tour
50€ EACH IN A GROUP OF 4
/ BARGELLO AND PAZZI CONSPIRACY TOUR /
This tour is part of the “Seven Deadly Sins” cycle, a group of tours dedicated to the history of the Medici family, and how different places in Florence at the same time represent the Medici family and symbolize one of the deadly sins. Wrath is what clearly gave birth to the reaction that took place after the Pazzi conspiracy, the series of deadly events that almost got Lorenzo Il Magnifico killed…
Wrath destroys love and replaces it with fury. This capital sin can lead to a wide range of consequences, which go from personal damage to civil war, and it is, according to chroniclers, also the most common sin in Medieval and Renaissance Florence.
Dante wrote that Florence’s original patron was Mars, the god of war, which is why all Florentines are sullen, vengeful and moody. And why the should most important Florentine family be any different? The Medici did not like to be challenged, especially when it came to their supremacy over the city, but how did they become the lords of Florence if the town laws prevented any private citizen from becoming the head of the Signoria?
This unique tour will show you the places where the scariest conspiracies of the Medici took place, from the Cathedral where Giuliano, Lorenzo’s brother, was murdered to the Medici Palace, pillaged by the bloodthirsty Florentines who took their revenge upon the precious possessions kept in the house.
Finally, we will take you to the Bargello, the most important museum of sculpture and decorative arts in Italy, but once a horrible prison where all the enemies of the Medici were imprisoned, waiting for the gloomy sound of the bell that would take them to the gallows. Here, we will read the artworks to understand what happened when the Medici… saw red.
… You’ll definitely be in for an angry ride!
Prices per person
Here below you can check our prices per person.
Maximum number of participants: 15.
Up to 2 people: 80€ per person
Group of 3 people: 60€ per person
Group of 4 people: 50€ per person
Group of 5 people: 45€ per person
Group of 6 people: 41€ per person
Group of 7 people: 40€ per person
Group of 10 people: 35€ per person
Group of 12 people: 33€ per person
Group of 15 people: 30€ per person
- Pick-up at your apartment in the center of Florence
- Ticket to the the Bargello for the day of the visit
- Walk to Santa Maria del Fiore and Bargello with our guide
- 2.5 hours guided tour (either in English, Spanish or Italian), that will allow you to see the following:
- The magnificent Duomo of Florence, with its frescoed walls and marbled floors
- The extraordinary Medici Palace (we will visit just the courtyard)
- Michelangelo’s sublime sculptures at the Bargello Museum
- Donatello’s St. George
- Giotto’s frescoes in the Chapel of the Podestà
- The Medici weapons
- There is no meal included in this visit
- There is no mean of transport included from the apartment to the museum (the guide will walk with you to the museum)
- The guided tour is available only in the indicated languages (English, Spanish, Italian) and not in any other languages